Green Hell:Wiki Rules
The Green Hell Wiki is intended to be a place for all players to come and collaborate and sharing their knowledge related to the game. Below is a set of community rules to follow when editing this wiki. Infringing upon any of these rules will result in either a warning or a temporary/permanent ban, depending on the circumstances.
- Keep it civil: Do not make personal attacks on other members of the wiki community on any part of the site, either on article pages, talk pages, or user comment sections. If you need to criticize another user’s argument, do so without attacking them as a person. Do not use bigoted language, including slurs which degrade another person or group of people based on gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc.
- Assume good faith: If a wiki editor makes a mistake due to human error, the fact that they are new to the community, or any other honest reason, fellow wiki community members must assume good faith. In these cases, help them out by providing guidance or correcting the error and drop them a quick note. This will help grow the community and distribute the editing load.
- Do not engage in excessive self-promotion: The wiki is a collaborative community resource for the topic at hand. It is NOT a free place to advertise your related website, YouTube channel, blog, social media account, etc. Have a question about whether your link would be welcome? Ask an administrator!
- Follow community guidelines for formatting: It is important to maintain consistency in edits across the site. The following guides getting started and green hell wiki editing will help user to adhere to that. Read these or simply ask an admin for input if you're not sure!
- Edit warring and reaching consensus:While contributing to the wiki, it is possible that a user may disagree with how the information on a certain page is presented. It is expected that the two users will reach a consensus when they are in disagreement by using a talk page rather than constantly editing and/or reverting changes.
- Edit summaries: Most minor edits can be understood at a glance, but some larger revisions should be summarized. Adding a few words to the edit summary box can help to understand why a change was made.
Wiki vandalism will be defined as intentionally adding, removing, or changing content to the wiki in order to compromise the integrity of the site. Any of these will be reverted, and continual ones may result in timed bans from editing without prior warning. In the case of vandalism, any user can undo edits or revert to an earlier version of the page and report them to the administrator.
Examples of vandalism include but are not limited to:
- Inserting nonsense/gibberish into page content.
- Uploading offensive images.
- Blanking page content.
- Spamming links to external sites unrelated to the content of the Green Hell Wiki.
- Users may be blocked if they are repeatedly in violation of these rules. In particular those who demonstrate any hostile or disruptive behavior and show no sign of improvement after receiving warnings.
- Block duration starts at 24 hours and then graduates to 3 days, then 1 week, then finally to permanent. In severe cases, the admins may elect to skip straight to permanent blocks.
- Permanent blocks may be reviewed after one month.
- Users will be able to edit their own user talk page in case they want to appeal a block or apologize, but this right can be taken away if abused. Please allow up to 48hrs, giving the admins time to respond to your appeal.