This page is meant to keep track of the standards for editing that are used on the wiki to maintain consistency. This page is meant to show how things specifically on Green Hell Wiki are done, for formatting and other general editing information, go here.
Before you start, it helps a lot to go around he wiki and look into some pages for inspiration or help with formatting. You are not sure how to add a picture? Look at a page that has one! Don't be afraid to edit, if you make a mistake, someone can fix it. (Tip: Always use the "Show Preview" button at the bottom of the page to see what it will look like before publishing your changes)
- Page titles are held in singular and should be logically capitalized. Only articles, prepositions and coordinating conjunctions are left uncapitalized. Examples: Cane Toad, Bow and Arrow
- All sentences within a page's content should use proper grammar, and unnecessary capitalization's should be removed.
- References to the player should be made in that exact way. Avoid using first or second person ("me", "us", "you", etc.).
- Suggestions go to the respective pages in this wiki. Do not add suggestions to the content pages.
- Don't be informal or use slang!
- Sentences should be separated by double spacing, and end in a period.
- Try not to complicate things by chaining multiple sentences together. Consider that this wiki might be used by some non-native speakers and the content should therefore be relatively easy to understand.
- Terms describing content from the game and therefore mark wiki pages should link to these pages when they are first mentioned. After including this first link, no further ones are strictly necessary.
Content and Order
- All pages should follow a basic structure to avoid having inconsistencies or stubs. Considering this, all pages should contain the following:
- A picture (as a "thumb" with a caption) to illustrate the pictures content, if applicable. If you are not in possession of a suitable image, please add [[Category:Image needed]] to the bottom of the page instead.
- An introduction mentioning the page's name (not capitalized except for when it is the first word) in bold and the basic usage/characteristics of the described matter.
- Do not mention spawn locations for "special" items (like, say, the blueprints for Bamboo Log Bed) in the introduction as some players may consider them spoilers. Put them in an extra section called Location instead or in the infobox.
- Following sections in the following order (optionals marked by brackets):
- [Gameplay] : A section containing general information about the content if it didn't fit into the first few introductory sentences. Usually it is worth extending the aspects you have mentioned in the introduction as well.
- [Further aspects of the content] : The middle sections may differ for each and every thing. It is suggested you poke around the wiki and find some pages similar to yours to figure out a suitable structure.
- [Gallery] : A mediawiki gallery (found in the editor as a preset) containing additional images that didn't fit in any of the above sections, e.g. a weapon in action or a variant of a specific cannibal.
- Update History : A table for information about features added or changed and bugs fixed in previous or current versions. This should be listed last due to the extensive amount of information it could contain.